JeffH747

Question;

Anyone ever install wing fairings on their RV8 similar to the Rocket? Seems like this would be an easy speed/aesthetics mod.

Details, photos...?

Jeff

Sure do!

Question;

Anyone ever install wing fairings on their RV8 similar to the Rocket? Seems like this would be an easy speed/aesthetics mod.

Details, photos...?

Jeff

Hey Jeff:

I've sold the aft section to a few -8 drivers -- I have no feedback about performance changes, but I am told that they fit up fine. You're on your own for the fwd section (fwd of the main spar): our fwd section will not fit the -8 fuse profile.

Let me know if you need more info!

Carry on
Mark

Boss,

Any way you could put me in contact with the -8 Drivers who installed your aft section of the F1's wing root fairings? Would like to hear their opinion regarding any (if any) performance changes ...

As you can see, short of you producing a Rocket "Lite" in the foreseeable future, I'm looking at turning a -8, into a 4 banger F1 wannabe

Thanks,

Jeff

Mike,

Yes, I meant of course the wing root fairings.

Thanks -- read the articles you linked. In both cases it seems like performance was improved. However, I guess your making the point that any change in this area could also have a negative effect...

Jeff

ps see that you are 30 year Army retired -- pilot?