Funbobby

I'm getting ready to build an RV-8 and am wondering if anyone has experience buying tools from www.yardstore.com

I want to save $$ on tools, but quality counts. Should I just order from Avery or Cleveland and call it a day?

~Bob

Ebay

I bought my more expensive tools used, on Ebay. Pneumatic hammers and drills and such.

Course you have to know what you want, and it's buyer beware, but it's worked out well for me.

Thanks for the advice. I tried ebay a while ago when I really wasn't familiar with the tools and didn't have much luck finding them (only clecos and such), but now that I'm more familiar, I'll try again.

I want a Sioux drill and DRDT-2 dimpler, but aside from that I'm not sure what brands/models to get. I'm leaning towards a 3x rivet gun (brand?) because I can turn down the air for smaller rivets. Any advice on the brands of rivet guns, angle drills, and the other expensive tools?

Thanks.

~Bob

Great source

The Yard is a great source. eBay, not so much. The tools I got off eBay have been worn out, and pretty much worthless.

If you want the drdt-2 and a Souix drill then there is no better option than a ishams kit. It comes with everything you need and are great people to deal with. Planetools.com

-david

Cleaveland Tools has the Souix drills, Souix rivet guns, and the DRDT-2. They also allow you to upgrade and mix-n-match to customize your kit to your needs. SUPER great people to talk to on the phone as well.

Cleaveland's the route I decided to go for my tools. :)

I've got the ishams kit...and they stand behind what they sell...I had a bit where the pilot broke....sent them an email and a replacement was sent in the mail...no questions, no hassels!