Jack_G_S

During trial fitting the throttle cable I have been unable to adjust it to reach complete travel. It seams to me the F-864E-1 bracket is too far aft. I have the fork end and jam nut threaded in all the way and the throttle arm hits idle slightly before the the cable limits out at idle. As you can see from the photo at full throttle the cable limits out before the throttle lever reaches max. I could make a new F-864E-1 and move it slightly forward but there isn’t much room for that. The other option is to omit F-864E-1 completely and attach the cable at the gear tower. The nut on the mixture cable will not sit perfectly flat and there is a possibility the cables will be too far forward.
IMG_0501.jpeg

Last edited:
Could it be that your throttle cable is too short. It’s strange from the picture but you got only a 1/2 in of throttle. Something is wrong with the installation because I’ve seen a few RV8 and they all have full throttle travel

Could it be that your throttle cable is too short. It’s strange from the picture but you got only a 1/2 in of throttle. Something is wrong with the installation because I’ve seen a few RV8 and they all have full throttle travel
The length of the cable at this point should not matter because I do not have the other end attached. There is limited ways to adjust the cables at each end. (1) bracket location. (2) adjustment at bracket with two large nuts. (3) adjustment at fork end. (4) attachment point on throttle lever/arm

Then your attachment point is incorrect somehow. Most people had their throttle travel too long at the control quadrant and too short at the fuel servo end. Can you post the picture where you have the cable attached to your throttle arm. Anyway, this is very unusual and more picture of the installation will help. This was my setup for the FP but the throttle control had full travel.
Edit: BTW, where is your the throttle connection in relation to the length of the throttle control arm. I don't have the drawing at the moment but it should show the distance from the pivot point.
20200913_144306.jpg

Last edited:
Then your attachment point is incorrect somehow. Most people had their throttle travel too long at the control quadrant and too short at the fuel servo end. Can you post the picture where you have the cable attached to your throttle arm. Anyway, this is very unusual and more picture of the installation will help. This was my setup for the FP but the throttle control had full travel.
Edit: BTW, where is your the throttle connection in relation to the length of the throttle control arm. I don't have the drawing at the moment but it should show the distance from the pivot point.
I do not have the engine installed. I am only working at the throttle quadrant and if the fuel servo end limits the travel even more then this will not be an issue. I just thought it might be strange that I have all the adjustments at their max and I still can’t get the throttle lever(at the quadrant) full forward. I see you have the adjustment at the bracket at its max as well. Maybe I can squeeze a little distance there if I’m not worried about full thread engagement.