Guy Prevost

Well Known Member
I'm finishing up wiring and tubing in the tail before riveting the top skin. I've got Van's static kit and plan on following their instructions and running the static line under the left upper longeron (along with the wires for my magnetometer). The wing center section (F-804) on my matched hole fuse isn't pre drilled for this.

Is there a recommended place to pass wires and hoses through the top of F804? Also, how are people getting through or under the panel with this tube?

Thanks,
Guy

just curious does the Van's kit come with the plastic fitting inserts?

I just failed my second Pitot Static check and the tech pointed out that the small inserts were missing.

A tee takes three and the ports in back take one each.

They, the radio shop replaced the ones under the boot but I have a leak way back in the tail probably at the port itself.

It's a small bluish insert.

I haven't seen any, but the kit from van's uses a barbed T in the back rather than the sort that usually take inserts. I haven't looked at the compression type fittings they included for use forward of the panel.

right side

I ran my lines up the right side of the fuse. . . under the armrest of the back seat, through the 804 about mid-way down, then under that narrow panel on the right side of the front cockpit (forget name/number).

Pitot Static Line

I am at the same point deciding routing. After the 804 did you go up under the rollover bar and into the instrument panel or down through the breaker panel.

under

went under the side console panel, then inboard at the fwd end. pix available if you like. . can email.

Last edited:
Pitot static line

I am assuming you went under the panel, through the instrument panel then inboard. If not them please send me a pic to jcardiff at brookfieldfinancial.com

thanks for your help

Another way

I ran mine under the floor and up inside the gear towers, but I have removable floors. At any rate, just about any route you decide to use should work just fine.
On the barbed T that VAN's provides, I have seen folks use RTV to seal around it. I put some heat shrink over each of the fittings. This seals the tubing to the fitting and also helps hold everything together.
Good luck