Airzen

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I wondering how folks have routed AOA+Pitot+Static lines for a Skyview installation.

I do not want to route these under the floor, so looking for ideas on how to route these along the left longeron. However, it seems that I'll have to drill a few holes to accomplish this. And with three tube, the drilling will remove significant amount of metal.

WIll apprecation images of plumbings that folks before me have installed (RV-8).

Thanks

Are you planning backup steam gauges? If not, and you are mounting the ADAHRS in the rear fuselage as most have done, you don't need to route the static lines forward, and you only need to route the pitot/aoa lines to the cabin area so they can be plumbed out to the left wing. I routed mine under the floor so I can't help with any photos, unfortunately.

We drilled holes and used bushings to route the static and static lines forward to the panel up the right side of the cockpit up high. The pitot line from the wing goes under the floorboard then up to a tee near the roll bar.