I believe Abby @ Flightline does. Or are you referring to hard molded plastic pockets, like on car doors?

Aluminum Side Pockets

If you don't find what you want, but have an interest in making your own; they can be made quite easily from a piece of 0.016" aluminum. Make a cardboard pattern about 4" high between the bulkheads alongside the pilot seat and cut the alumium slightly oversized. Use two blocks of wood to fold the bottom 1/2" over 90 degrees and flute to restraighten the metal. Fold the top over on itself to form a nice rounded edge and trim to final size. Mount with small pop rivets or screws.

If you'd like a picture of the finished product, send me a PM with your e-mail address.

donaziza

Funny---I just went thru this a few months ago, because I had no place to put sectionals either. I started hitting upholstery shops ( in the Atlanta area). They all kind of scatched their heads, and said "Well I guess so". ( None of them had ever been near an airplane before. The first one was quoting me $300. The second one was I think $ 180. Then I discovered a guy 2 miles down the road, from Jackson Co. airport, (19A), who said he'd do it for $30 bucks.

Since he was only 2 miles down the road, it was easy to take him to the RV 8, so he could actually see for himself. He took a look, made some measurements, and said "no sweat". What he did was to take one of those aluminum folding in half clipboards, cut the back off, and then wrap and glue some pretty grade leather around the edge of it--with one of those stretchy "bungy cord like ropes along the top edge, to "clamp in" the maps-(but its only the diameter of a pencil").

I didn't want to drill any holes, so you go to Walmart, buy this industrial strengh Valcro, run 2 strips ( its maybe 2 inches wide) down the back of your now made map pouch, and run their sticky counterparts on the inside fuselage of your 8.

I WAS very emphatic to him how wide, how tall, and how deep I needed these pouches to be. I took 2 sectionals, one of those green "airport facilities directories" my GPS booklet, barf bags, ( for passengers in the back seat), and a few other odds and ends, and said " THIS IS HOW THICK ITS GOT TO BE---SO I CAN HOLD ALL THIS STUFF". He made 2 pouches, one by my left arm, the other by the passenger's right ankle, which I can reach from the front seat.

If you can't get the guy out to your plane, take very precise measurements, a lot of digital pictures--download them into your computer so they're big enough to see, ( the little screen on the back of your digital camera just isn't big enough), and shop around. But MUCH better if you can get him out to your plane.

Rv-8 pocket examples

Flightline Interiors (Abby) made my seats and panels. On a few of the panels I had them make a few pockets. As previoius poster noted you can also make a pocket/storage area by installing a panel between bulkheads (better for bulkier items)

pocketshx0.jpg

Mike Draper
RV-8, finish
N468RV