AntiGravity

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

please refer to today's kitlog entry:-

http://www.mykitlog.com/users/display_log.php?user=jpreou&project=45&category=0&log=34502&row=1

Can anyone tell me if my intended bend location is ok and whether there is anything that goes near these seat belt attachments later that I need to be aware of? Since the Hooker harness needs a wider gap for the attachment, I need to put a little s-bend in these brackets. Should I bend each one a little, or put the entire bend in one side (and if so, the inboard or outboard side?).

Thanks,

No problem?

Hi Guy, thanks, that is exactly what I was thinking. Have you got far enough along to know whether the extra width of the now bent seat belt lugs will cause any interference issues with some other part of the structure later on?

I've only held the front seatback in place, but I did not seenany obvious issues.

As for the rear, spreading the forks make it slightly more difficult to get the F-807 bulkhead in place, but a few choice swear words and some gentle, temporary flexing of the seatbelt slots in F-807 made everything fit just fine.

Guy

How thick are the hookers? How big is the opening? Are the parts already bent from Vans? What about the two rear shoulder brkts. that rivet to the aft upper skin? On the old kit you make all the bends. My Crows are .195 thick and my bends are .187. A little U/S but the parts flex enough so its not an issue. Now the 2 crotch strap brkts are another story ~ .125. The front is tall/long enough so it can be flexed a lot. The rear pcs were a huge PITA so I will try to find a smaller lug cause I'm not about to remake them.

The hookers I have seen come with a bushing on the mounting hardware that is thicker than the brackets that VAN's provides.
You can just grind down the bushings and forego altering the airframe brackets.

How old is your kit? I bought mine 1 1/2 years ago and my anchors came pre made with the F814G and f814HPP attachment already bent to provide the clearance for the seatbelt anchor. There is a 5/32 gap in this setup for the anchor to fit in. Also, are you sure about the placement of your F805D support brackets? My plans show those facing each other on the inside of the F814 ribs, not on the outside as you have them clecoed. Regards,
Mike
RV8SB
Fusalage

I wondered about that...

sf3543 said:
The hookers I have seen come with a bushing on the mounting hardware that is thicker than the brackets that VAN's provides.
You can just grind down the bushings and forego altering the airframe brackets.
I did wonder whether or not to take that approach. In all honesty, I wasn't sure what effect that might have on the security of teh bushing within the hole. I will very likley to a little of each (bend the brackets but also grind the busing a little so the bends don't have to be quite as large). I'm guessing that having the busing wider than the buckle will help prevent the buckle wearing on the lugs...