Gmanfly

I'm working on the rudder skeleton and it calls for a .32 spacer. Is suppost to go between the R 606-p rudder spar and the rudder horn and R-404. I have some washers and so reinforcement plates and all parts accounted for, but nothing indicating a spacer. I need help, this is the only thing keeping me from finishing.

Yes, I have enough material to make it. Thanks, I did not think of building a spacer. I guess it shows that I'm a newbie builder.:eek:

Don't feel bad, it took me a while to figure it out too. The pile of extra metal has the non-intuitive name of, "Trim Bundle". You'll also be making the 2 R-716 pieces from it.

Last edited:
Yes, I have enough material to make it. Thanks, I did not think of building a spacer. I guess it shows that I'm a newbie builder.:eek:

We were all newbie builders, even Wilbur and Orville . The best way to get past road blocks is to ask . No such thing as a dumb question.

I got the spacer made from the trimming left over. It worked good.
I will have my website ready soon.

I think my problem is that I forget that even though is a van's kit, I'm still the builder. I'm the person that needs to construct and adapt to the challenges. Thank you all for getting me through my first road block in my construction journey.