mse103

Hey all, I've been using some panel planning software and i want to know if theres room vertically for a Dynon 10 inch display AND and IFD540 in the RV-8A panel.

Its close on the panel planning software out there, but not sure with platenuts and distances between cutouts for these items.

Looks like its very very very close to me. Any ideas?

There is room, but not stacking them. Instead they'd have to be side by side (which will work fine with the EFIS screen slightly offset)....and if you have a T/D you have to watch out for the brace between the gear towers as well as the z brace on the bagg comp wall. The IFD is a bit large behind the panel (much more so than the GTN's), so that's as important as in front of the panel too.

Cheers,
Stein

thanks stein, I've rearranged my panel as a result of your feedback. Its an 8A, so ill do a large dynon square in the middle, and maybe do a custom panel change and put a small dynon on the right, and the IFD 540 on the left, I think it will require a change on the three piece panel to make the center section larger and the side sections smaller. Which is think is doable.

Mark,

If you need any help with the layout send me an email. We just shipped an RV-8 panel that we increased the size of the center section to make everything fit. We are currently working on two more RV-8 panels and I have an IFD-540 that we are installing in Van's new RV-14 panel.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.
N402RH RV-10