flickroll

Well Known Member
I intend to mount my AFS magnetometers just forward of the 'static port bulkhead' in my -8, using a platform (2 aluminum angles really) mounted across the upper fuselage longerons. The panel is not square to this, so I'll need to make a mount for the magnetometer that makes up for this difference. Does anyone know what the tilt of the panel is relative to the upper fuselage longerons? I THINK it is 8 degrees, but then I found a post that said it is 8.5 degrees. Thanks

Tilt

I intend to mount my AFS magnetometers just forward of the 'static port bulkhead' in my -8, using a platform (2 aluminum angles really) mounted across the upper fuselage longerons. The panel is not square to this, so I'll need to make a mount for the magnetometer that makes up for this difference. Does anyone know what the tilt of the panel is relative to the upper fuselage longerons? I THINK it is 8 degrees, but then I found a post that said it is 8.5 degrees. Thanks

I used a "Smart Level" to measure the panel angle. I then built the mount to match that angle. As long as you don't change the angle of the fuselage between the measurements, you should be dead on.

I did the same. Just get your hands on a digital level, and measure the tilt of the panel (at any fuselage attitude) and adjust 90 degrees to accurately measure the magnetometer mounting. I fabricated a mount that attaches to the forward side of the F-809 bulkhead.