TerryWighs

Well Known Member
I am almost done modifying the Upper Forward Baggage Bulkhead
(F866B-1) by installing an access panel door, a common popular mod. that allows easy access to the forward side of the instrument panel. I have searched the plans, studying and reading til my eyes have crossed.
Question is: On the top portion of the curved bulkhead just right and left of center are two sets of predrilled #30 holes. One set(two holes) is meant to receive the upper brace F-873G-1....anyone know what the set of holes on the right side are intended for??? I need to know this to trim the access door if something is attached later. Hope this makes sense to someone.....Thanks

I don't know!

I can't think of any reason for them, other than they may be mirror images of the left set that is used for the baggage bay hinge stringer (the F-873G)

I did not install the access door, choosing instead to use the bulkhead to mount a bunch of accessories (encoder, Lite Speed, map sensor, alt shunt, panel dimmer circuit) But I am sure that there is nothing else on that bulkhead that would have interfered with an access door.

Rick Galeti has taken a great collection of pictures, and he also installed the door, so I suggest you send him a PM

Terry,

I'm mounting my baggage door, last year I did my rear panel window without thinking about the baggage door hinge support but ... nothing terrible. Just two an426 instead of an470 as per plan rivet, I've got the pictures on my camera, this evening I'll put on the website.

two cents