benbell4140

Well Known Member
I'm about to cut my holes for my instruments and radios, Are there any clearance issues I need to be aware of? I'm using steam instruments and vans engine instruments. Standard six pack with radio/transponder on the left side. I haven't had the panel installed on the plane yet but I want to get the holes cut while the CNC mill is open.

Thanks

Cross brace

Ben, just make sure that whatever radio you have doesn't hit the cross brace behind the panel. My SL-30 is really deep, and rubs right against the brace. That was the only clearance issue in my whole panel.

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to use the icom 200. Do you guys make a removable square panel for the avionics that would screw to the actual instrument panel? Or just mount the trays to the actual instrument panel?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to use the icom 200. Do you guys make a removable square panel for the avionics that would screw to the actual instrument panel? Or just mount the trays to the actual instrument panel?

Thanks again!

Can't help you there, Ben. I started out planning to do my own instrument panel, but when I sought some help in cutting, I talked with Stein at Stein Air and ... well ... next thing you know, he's not only cutting the panel, but painting it, selling me what I needed, installing the stuff and wiring it all together!

One of the best decisions I made in this project. :D