pvalovich

Well Known Member
I'm getting into the RV form game and have pondered the value of wearing a parachute. Since there doesn't appear to be any record of anyone bailing out of an RV-8, one may make the argument that canopy jettison in preparation for bailout is just something to keep you busy until you die, but I digress.

One of the first steps in any bailout scenario is getting rid of the canopy.

Does anyone have the source and part number for the pull pins that can replace the forward canopy attachment AN3 bolts specified in the RV-8 plans?

Answer probably buried in previous posts but it's Saturday morning, cloudless sky, no wind, temp in the high 60's - and LuJaRo waits at the airport. Easier to ask again than do research. My bad.

I'm getting into the RV form game and have pondered the value of wearing a parachute. Since there doesn't appear to be any record of anyone bailing out of an RV-8, one may make the argument that canopy jettison in preparation for bailout is just something to keep you busy until you die, but I digress.

A person has successfully egressed from an in-flight RV-8 (on fire) and more recently an RV-7. Unfortunately in both situations the pilots were not wearing chutes.

I used an "Aluminum-handle push-button quick release pin from McMasters in Atlanta. Part # for a 3/16, 1 &1/4 inch long pin is 90985A103. That was on the right side. I have a canopy stop on the left side for holding the canopy in a partially open taxi position, so I used a 1 & 1/2 inch pin on the left side, part # 90985A104, but you probably don't care about that.

Their ph # is 404 346 7000 or 404 260 8080. Its been about 3 years, so I don't remember the cost anymore, but not prohibitive.