av8r4aa

I'm New Here
I must admit I think I am a RV Junkie!
Went for my first RV ride the other day with
Doug Reeves (see laugh and big smile). If you look close in the front page
photo you can see Doug twisting my arm!.

Anyway I am interested in just seeing
the parts or build process of a RV8. I would just like to sit in one.
Did I mention that I am a A and P mechanic?

I live in the Coppell area and fly a lot for AA.
but on my limited days here I am very available.

Thanks Greg

Jay Pratt

Also get Doug to introduce you to Jay Pratt of RV Central. He LOVE's 8's, and is building one of his one as we speak. Based over at Hicks (one taxiway over from Avery Tools).......Meet Jay, sit in an -8, and spend a few grand on tools: all in one trip! :D

Greg,
I'm sure you saw the Doll in hanger 8 the morning you flew in Doug's RV-6. I had intended to come out that morning and fly one of you, but the story of the plot to destroy airliners over the Alantic kept me glued to the tube. I will meet you back out at hanger 8, and you can sit in the Doll. Contact me at: [email protected] and we can set it up.

You can come sit in my 8A. I'll even put the board back in that i use a temp seat. The motor doesn't run yet but if you are good at making airplane noises your almost there :D

Beautiful Doll

Danny, I'm confused. Is there a new Doll? Your sig says first flight July of 2006. I got to sit in the Doll at the Midway RV fly-in in '05 and have a picture of it at this years event at Midway.

I now have the tail and wing kit for my -8 in my hangar at Eagles Nest. :D

Last edited:
July 12, 2000

Jack,

Stiking my nose in here. The "Doll"s first flight was July 12, 2000, the SAME!! DAY, as my second RV6 "Borrowed Horse".
Danny was over my place last week and had just over 800 hours on the Doll, the Horse has 788 hours. Danny has recently passed me in hours. However my SuperCub - alike "shooter has 203 hours TTSN. First flight April 1, 2004. I am in Montana, and still have to get home.
Kind of fun to see how people use their planes. Danny and I fly together, a lot, but not all the time. He has been really catching up and flying more since he retired from American.
My new RV8 will see a lot of flying too. I am getting a lot of peer pressure to get it done.

Last edited:
Jaypratt said:
snip....My new RV8 will see a lot of flying too. I am getting a lot of peer pressure to get it done.
Yeah! Some of us can't wait to fly it <BIG GRIN>!!!

thanks fellas

I sent a email to Danny King.
I hope I can see his plane soon!
Doug......You were right this 30 minute intro
flight you gave me is going to get expensive!

Greg