AntiGravity

Well Known Member
Anyone care to scan and email dwg34 detail D and detail E?
I'm working on the [ground adjustable] rudder pedals and I want to install the brake cylinders. The pedals are not pre-drilled and the instructions refer me to the above drawing and details which I can only assume will arrive with my finish kit in a couple of months (sea state permitting!).

Close!

Hi Bill, thanks, but not quite! I have a similar dwg for the ground adjustable pedals, but what I am missing is detail D and detail E. That is, the circled bit in the middle where the brake cylinder attaches to the pedal; there's no hole in the pedal and I was wondering whether detail D or E show a specific position for the hole, dimensions, or whatever. You second pic almost shows detail E on the left side, but not quite! Any chance you could photo those two details for me? Cheers,

Erm, whats with the springs?

Another question; am I missing something? The detail view kindly provided by Bill shows that the Matco brake cylinder is spring loaded; mine aren't? Or should I have some springs and things lying around here somewhere?

Another question; am I missing something? The detail view kindly provided by Bill shows that the Matco brake cylinder is spring loaded; mine aren't? Or should I have some springs and things lying around here somewhere?

The Matco Cyl. have the springs on the inside, The plans probably still depict the (previously supplied) Cleveland cyl. which has the spring on the outside.

So I see...

The Matco Cyl. have the springs on the inside, The plans probably still depict the (previously supplied) Cleveland cyl. which has the spring on the outside.

...as I discovered after posting when I actually assembled the cylinders to the pedal assembly and found this to be the case! After getting the relevant info from Bill (thanks again!), I now have a working rudder. Cool :)
Cheers,