drill_and_buck

Well Known Member
Patron
Question for those particularly with a Hooker Harness and an RV-8.

The plans call for the front harness to pass through the seat back.

I am looking at some seat options that would require me to pass the seat belt around the seat back rather than through it.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who is routing your seat belt around the seat back rather than through it. Does this place any undue stress on the attach points?

Any pros, cons or gotchas?

Tks,

Mike Draper
RV-8
N468RV (reserved)
Canopy and interior

Hooker Harnesses Around Seat Back

I have this set up - no problems at all. In fact it makes seat back removal much easier and it has no tendency to chafe on the seat, etc. That could of course be because of my big butt in the seat!:rolleyes:

Picture of your seat belt set up

I have this set up - no problems at all. In fact it makes seat back removal much easier and it has no tendency to chafe on the seat, etc. That could of course be because of my big butt in the seat!:rolleyes:

I am a new builder and trying to fill my bag of ideas for my project. If possible could you send along some pictures. I am hoping that as I get to a stage I can go over notes and pictures I have saved along the way to make sure I remember good ideas. Thanks

Cheers

Mike,

I don't believe I have any shots of that, but will try to make a point of taking a few this weekend and post them for you. I do remember having to add secondary holes to the front seat lap belt portion so that I could get the attach points back far enough so not to interfere with the forward seat back. Otherwise attachment is entirely stock.

Best,

Rob

Old thread....

But I'm thinking of doing this too!! Making sure something hasn't come up to make it a bad idea.... seems to make more sense, especially if you don't have a 29" waist!!

Thanks!!