jeffmoreau

Well Known Member
Yesteryday I was enjoying lunch at the Jet Runway Cafe located at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. I saw a RV8 taxiing out for takeoff. If you are the owner of this aircraft I would like to take a closer look at it.
Please let me know if anyone knows of any RV8's based on the field at KFXE.I I am in town until Sunday.
The aircraft that I saw appears to be recently completed, as it is unpainted.
Thanks!

Hello Jeff,
It was me Jerry Esquenazi, RV-8 N84JE. I live near Atlanta, GA now. I went down to see my parents for the day. I arrived FXE Wed. morning and left Thurs. afternoon about 2:30. I grew up outside of Ft. Lauderdale in Sunrise. I got my Private Pilot and Instrument training at FXE in the early 80's. Anyway I fly my RV down there a few times a year. It's an easy hop in an RV-8 from Peachtree City, south of Atlanta. It's about 2:50 no wind. I would be happy to show it to you, but I don't really know the next time I'll be down.
Well, I wish I could say it was recently finished, which would be a good excuse for not having it painted, but I can't. I finished it 3 years, 3 months ago. I have about 430 hours on it. I hope this will be the year I get it painted!

Send me a PM if you would like more info. Take care, and thanks for asking about it!

Jerry

Yesteryday I was enjoying lunch at the Jet Runway Cafe located at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport. I saw a RV8 taxiing out for takeoff. If you are the owner of this aircraft I would like to take a closer look at it.
Please let me know if anyone knows of any RV8's based on the field at KFXE.I I am in town until Sunday.
The aircraft that I saw appears to be recently completed, as it is unpainted.
Thanks!