jthocker

Well Known Member
I was responding to a post last evening when when a co-worker(Ken Rieder, 3-RV8's) called to say he was available to fly chase for my just completed and FAA inspected RV8. So rather than wait until morning, we went out last night. We managed to get in 35 minutes of flight before sunset.
A flawless flight for hopefully my last RV for a while.
Particulars: ECI Titan engine built by Jimmy Brod of JB Aircraft Engine Service of Sebring, Fl. (Great service). OX-360 A1A 9N ...., 9 to 1 pistons, Nickel carbide tapered barrel cylinders, hence the "9N".
3878 carb, 2 mags, Stewart Warner oil cooler, Hartzell blended airfoil -97 prop.
Taking full advantage of the power enrichment valve in the carb and climbing out at FULL THROTTLE, full rich,. yielded EGT's 300 deg.'s below peak.

5000 ft 75% power was yielding 180 knots TAS

A very sparse panel includes a Dynon D180, Garmin 496, Zaon MRX, Garmin SL40, Garmin 327, and a map box.

The second and 3rd flights today were unevenful, the 4th flight ended after an encounter with a bird sticking out of my right wheel pant.
Tomorrow will require some duct tape to keep flying and then at the end of the day some fiberglass work!

Jon,

Good news on your 6th first flight!

Too bad about the bird. :mad: If you are going to hit one, that is probably the best place.