algrajek

Well Known Member
I am building an RV8(-1kit). I am attempting to install the Dynon Pitch servo, and the instructions tell you to remove the Vans Bellcrank brackets and replace them with the Dynon Brackets. The problem I have is in the newer kits, there is no "Bracket" to replace. The bellcrank mount is part of the aft Baggage rib assembly.
Has anyone come across this yet? Any fix?
Thanks
Al Grajek

You have to replace the bellcrank brackets if your kit is (I believe) a 2006 or earlier. In the later kits you only need to add the Dynon brackets.

brackets

Al,
I think that on the newer kits, it is simpler to just leave the elevator bellcrank mount as delivered and add pieces to hold the servo.

What I did was to fab twi pieces of angle stock that fit on either side of the bellcrank "bracket". Use a longer bolt so that it can go through to bracket and through the new angles. Then fasten these down to the ribs and mount the servo. Its actually easier to do than to describe. :D And you can make it all out of scrap. Sorry no pictures handy at the moment.

I am building an RV8(-1kit). I am attempting to install the Dynon Pitch servo, and the instructions tell you to remove the Vans Bellcrank brackets and replace them with the Dynon Brackets. The problem I have is in the newer kits, there is no "Bracket" to replace. The bellcrank mount is part of the aft Baggage rib assembly.
Has anyone come across this yet? Any fix?
Thanks
Al Grajek