cfiidon

Well Known Member
I'm in the middle of fitting the canopy. So far it seems to be going well, but I have a question:

The curvature of the canopy appears to transition well from the roll bar to the canopy frame, at least on the top section. My perception is that the canopy doesn't have as much curvature on the sides as near the top, so that there is an ever increasing gap between the windscreen section and the roll bar as you move down the sides. I tweaked my canopy frame so that it appears very symmetrical to the roll bar all around.

Will the canopy transition properly from windscreen section to the slider frame section on the sides after the big cut with the windscreen sucked down to the roll bar, or did those of you that have gone before find the need to shim it out from the roll bar?

I understand things will move after the big cut, but I'd like to know before I go....

By the way, I'm going to use Sika, so I have some leeway.

Thanks in advance,

Don

I used clamps to hold the conopy in what I hoped would be the final shape before the "big cut." I would try to get the canopy as close to the final position as possible before cutting. Once you have it in position you can mark where you want to make the cut. I used painters tape and a marker. Then you can remove the clamps and canopy form the frame and cut away. I also used Sika; good results so far.

Good luck!