jcbarker

Well Known Member
My wife and I are traveling to Cologne, Germany for a trade show at the end of the month. We're going to spend an extra week touring that part of Europe via train. We would love to meet some RV-8 builders/flyers.

Regards,

John Barker
N819WB (reserved)
finish kit, ordered engine

Building RV-8 in Celle

John,

I'm building the slowest build RV-8 ever, so I don't have any interesting RV building to show you. But if you like to visit Celle, you can send me a private mail.
Celle ist a really beautiful medievel city north of Hannover, with up to 500 years old half-timber houses. http://www.celle.de

Regards,

Ingo

Hi John,

my name is Thilo and I live just south of Cologne (1 hour by car using the Autobahn A4 or 40 minutes by train). Building an RV 8A in my basement - currently working on the fuselage. You and your wife are more than welcome to drop by. Just drop me a line.

If your travels are going to take you to the UK, then we have a growing band of RV-8 builders and flyers over here.
My project is in the finishing kit (last 80%?) stage, and I have a -4 flying.
I'm fairly central England (near Warwick/ Stratford-on-Avon), but I can direct you to others around the UK.

I think UK is leading the RV league table in Europe with Germany and France following on behind judging by last year's fly-in at Damme.

I did spend a while working in Koeln and there was a nice club at the Segelflugplatz at Leverkusen which catered for gliders, microlights, homebuilts, balloons... and a 1000m grass strip.

Let me know if I can help

RV-8 builder in Switzerland

I don't know how far south you'd like to travel but Victoria and I had a great visit with RV-8 builder Mickey Coggins (pictured below) near Geneva at Christmas :) Rosie

Mickey_Coggins.jpg

Hello John,

My name is Duncan, I am living north of Amsterdam and I am building a RV8 FastBack. Currently working on the fuselage.
You are welcome to come over to the 'hangar' or if you would like, we could meet up in Amsterdam and talk RV's over a beer.

Have a nice trip in Europe,
Duncan

www.ph-cya.nl