samray

I saw a RV8 baggage door stop at Oshkosh that uses a light, tightly wound spring, about 1/2" in diameter, along with two brackets; a really neat setup. The pilot said it was available as a kit and check VAF for contact info, but no joy on my part after much searching. Anyone know where to get it?

Made my own

I used a screen door spring from Home Depot. Cut the excess length then bend the end loop to make the new mounting end. The mounting hardware I made from scrap. Total project cost less than $2.
Sorry I don't have a picture but it looks very simular to the previous referenced kit.

Spring stop

I got one for my -8 but haven't installed door or spring. Called "The Spring Thing" from Performance Aero, Inc., East Kansas City Airport, Hanger L-1,PO Box 270, Grain Valley, MO 64029. Originally for the Baron and seems well made. On package also has Boundary Layer Research Inc., Everett WA. Tel. 425/353-6591 and 800/257-4847. Bill

Gotch beat Randy

I've got $1.38 in mine! (Lowes was cheaper!) :D

I used a screen door spring from Home Depot. Cut the excess length then bend the end loop to make the new mounting end. The mounting hardware I made from scrap. Total project cost less than $2.
Sorry I don't have a picture but it looks very simular to the previous referenced kit.

Ok Speedy

Lets each build 10 more and see how we do on cost.:D
(unless you've got a lot more toolboxes somewhere)!!!