kklewin

Well Known Member
Folks,

Anyone know the debth of the RV8/8A lower baggage area (the well)? Need the measurement from the floor of the baggage area to the bottom of the well. I understand it is 13 in wide front to back, and vaires from 6.5in to 8.5in side to side? Sound about right?

Kurt
www.bisonmountainbags.com

Forward Baggage Area?

It sound's like you are talking about the forward baggage area. Mine measures 14" from the floor at the firewall to the top of the longeron that holds the shelf. The lateral width of the well in my forward baggage area varies from about 7.25" at the bottom to about 9.25" at the height of the shelf. Those measurements are from the inside wall of the well to the edges of the bottom longeron and a stiffener on the skin.

Thanks Craig!! Yes I was taking the forward compartment. So 14 in from bottom of well to bottom of the shelf...perfect!! Is it still about 13 inches front to back?

Also, if you get a chance what is the width of the upper shelf area from the inside of support gussets (visualize placing a bag in the area that you would not want to press against the angled gussets...looking for the usable space side to side (upper shelf/forward baggage area). Thanks again..>!!

Kurt

More numbers

Kurt,

Yes, it is about 13" from back to front. I'll give you a few numbers for the width, so you can choose which one suits your purpose best. It is about 34" staying inside of the two vertical angles on the outside of the firewall. If you go from one side skin to the other the measurement goes up to 35". If your bag will be large enough to extend up above the main longerons then the measurement between the gussets connecting the those longerons to the firewall is 27" at the narrowest point.