ccryan

Sold my RV-4 and talked my wife into letting me build an -8. Got very excited to build another one. Cleaned out the garage, ordered some misc. stuff from Avery, finished up a ton of "honey do's", and took a day off work when the kit was supposed to be here.

After 5 days I call Van's asking where my kit is. Their "In Stock" RV-8 emp. kits are on back order for at least two weeks. I don't know if it's the rush after OSH or what, but talk about taking the wind out of a guys sails.

I feel like a little kid who got nothing but socks for his birthday.

Oh, well. I'll just study my manual some more.

probably right about the post-OSH backlog

I faxed my order for an RV9 empennage and wing kit last week and finally heard from Van's this week. Got the email for tracking and it will be delivered 8/19! That's 2 weeks right there...

Let the building (& fun) begin.

I guess during OSH they get a ton of orders. There was some part in the emp. kit that is manufactured somewhere else, the company is behind, and it's too big to send along later for shipping expenses. I can't imagine what it is. We'll get them soon enough. Either way I'll have a couple weeks to sit until my wings show up so it's 6's. Good luck with the 9!

Chris

RV8 tail kit for sale

I have an RV 8 tail kit for sale. Lot of work done, drilling, cleaning, debur etc...
Horiz stab is finished. The skin is clecoed on needs to be final riveted. Rudder is complete and riveted together. Other parts to be done.
Have decided to acquire vintage aircraft and need to sell kit. Kit is located in Kansas City. Can box up and ship.
Looking for $1500.00
Could work our additional agreement for tools if needed.

advice

So.... how exactly did you talk your wife into let you build another airplane? If you publish that... you might be a rich man if you put it into paperback. :)
Was there jewelry involved? Maybe a new car? :) (I'm betting on both ;) )
Best
Brian

Last edited:
Tell Her She Can Have the 9A

So.... how exactly did you talk your wife into let you build another airplane? If you publish that... you might be a rich man if you put it into paperback. :)
Was there jewelry involved? Maybe a new car? :) (I'm betting on both ;) )
Best
Brian

Scott had to promise that the 9A would be my plane. :p