celstar

Well Known Member
Is any one using a IPad in there RV-8 and if you are were are you putting it?
Photos would be great.

RV-8 IPad

I have a Sporty's IPad kneeboard. I'm also left handed and a fairly big guy - 6 ft, 235 lb. I strap the thing to my left leg and wrestle with positioning the entire flight. One of the big problems is inadvertent movement of my left arm across the IPad screen when fiddling with the engine controls. Sometimes puts me in IPad modes I didn't even know existed.

Bottom line - I have not yet found the optimum IPad / RV-8 solution. I have a 2-axis TruTrak autopilot, so the default solution is to let George fly and use both hands to position and work the IPad. Be interested in what others have found.

Bottom line - I have not yet found the optimum IPad / RV-8 solution. I have a 2-axis TruTrak autopilot, so the default solution is to let George fly and use both hands to position and work the IPad. Be interested in what others have found.

+1. I rest the iPad on my leg without a knee board when in use. the cover
is non slip and it sits there ok. I bought a RAM mount for the iPad but
could not find a suitable spot to put it and gave up trying.

Here is a pic of my panel. I left the right side open for an iPad or similar device. I took my wife's iPad to the hangar just last week and it fits (just barely) in the space to the right. It would be even easier without the row of annunciators.