rival_95363

I'm New Here
Hello,

I just purchased an RV8/A aircraft and am looking for advice or websites that will lead me to a rear seat cover. The exact cover I am looking for goes around the rear stick and will enclose the floor area which is allowing in cold air. I know it is available because I saw pictures of another rv8 that had it.

In addition I am looking for a company that makes trim wedges for the rudder. Currently the airplane takes constant right pedal and was looking for something that can counteract that constant pressure.

Thanks in advance,

Randy
[email protected]

Classic Aero makes a nice cover that includes a hole for the eyeball vent.
There is a link to their web site in the left margin of the VAF.

Hello,

I just purchased an RV8/A aircraft and am looking for advice or websites that will lead me to a rear seat cover. The exact cover I am looking for goes around the rear stick and will enclose the floor area which is allowing in cold air. I know it is available because I saw pictures of another rv8 that had it.

In addition I am looking for a company that makes trim wedges for the rudder. Currently the airplane takes constant right pedal and was looking for something that can counteract that constant pressure.

Thanks in advance,

Randy
[email protected]
Randy,

The rear seat cover is quite simple to fabricate...I started with a cardboard pattern making sure I had full stick travel in all directions then used .025 material. As for the rudder wedge, they can be had from Avery. Mine is held on with double sided carpet tape. Works great.

http://www.averytools.com/p-118-rudder-trim-tab.aspx

2lqsur.jpg

The Classic Aero cover looks great and is well worth the $. You don't need to drill any holes, etc. At its forward edge it wedges under the lip of the rear stick support; at the back it velcro's to the cabin floor so it is easily removed when you need to inspect the area. Pretty slick.

For the rudder wedge go to Avery Tools (an advertiser on this site). They sell a 6" wedge of composite-like material that you can tape on, fly, trim, fly etc. until you have it the length you need. It's about $10 as I recall. Very elegant in its simplicity.

Chris

You should build one...

Randy,
You should just build one. I have the step by step on my web log, see below(look under my Mods label). This is my cover before being covered. It will have a stick boot over the center hole.

-JT
mto4ew.jpg

Last edited: