lrfrey

Well Known Member
I havn't ordered my seat cushions yet, havn't really decided on which to order. But, I'd like to adjust my rudder pedals and cable links while I still have the top skin off, plus play with laying out the panel.

Anyone care to give me aproximate seat cushion and seat back thicknes?

I figure I can make a set of "test" cushions from some old styrofoam insulation

Thanks Larry

seat thickness

unless you are exceptionally short I would put my pedals all the way forward, finish all my panel & dash work & then put the top on. The seats will be adjustable anyway. Stan

Using the Van's prescribed position will generally fit the average size person. I put 4 holes at 1 1/2" increments. That places the pedal block at 3, 4 1/2, and 6 inches. I'm 5' 10" and use the seat all the way back and the center position on the pedals.

Things change a lot when you are actually flying. I had the cushions when I fit the pedals. I had the pilot seat cut back about 2" in the stick area because I thought I would need the seat more forward and did not want the stick hitting the cushion. As it turns out, I could have left the seat cushion alone because I do fly with the seat all the way back. Adding the extra holes is a good idea because you can easily move the pedals later if you decide the original position you picked does not work out. All that is required is new links to the rudder cables.

Roberta