robertahegy

Moderator/Tech Counselor
I just received my miniature model of the 7A that I built. Since I sold it two years ago, I needed a keepsake, so I had this model made. Gift of Wings was the vender that contracted the work out to a Philippine company. I opted for the bubble canopy with detailed interior. The work was extraordinary and I am completely pleased with the results.

Gift of Wings is always at EAA Airventure and are located in Franklin, WI. Phone number 414-425-8002 and there website is www.giftofwings.com should you wish to have your plane done. I highly recommend them.

Pics attached.

Roberta

rv7a001.jpg

rv7a002.jpg

rv7a003.jpg

rv7a005.jpg

rv7a006.jpg

Here is the real deal:

hegyrv7a2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I have bought a number of beautiful custom models from the Philippines, and didn't know they would do a clear canopy option - that is magnificent!

Thanks, Paul. That canopy/interior option is something I have only seen from Gift of wings. It is so much more real than the carved/painted canopy. I really like the results.

Roberta

model

I had the same firm build a model of my RV6A. Absolutely the best money I have ever spent on something like this. The quality of the model and their detail of my airplane was perfect.

I forgot what i paid ($200+?) but I had to pay in advance (of course) and it was about 1 year to get it delivered. The one year timeline was disclosed up front. Worth the wait!

Definetly worth it. about 11 months for mine after I got the photos to them. Mine was about $375.00 with the canopy interior option and taxes. The detail and accuracy is astounding. Way better than I expected.

Roberta

Looks great. How big?

How big is the model? The model looks great but I'd like to picture that provides a sense of scale.

Beautiful, but how much.....

.....to add a minature Roberta in the cockpit? It looks a little lonely without a pilot. :p

That would be way cool. Wasn't an option at the time. I have a 1/3 scale J3 Cub hanging in my hangar with a 1/3 scale model of my Dad in it. I built that for him about 15 years ago.

Roberta