lostpilot28

Well Known Member
I have a QB kit from 2003. I'm getting ready to build the flap pushrods, but I can't find the tube in my parts to make them. I do have about 12 inches of hex tubing that's threaded for a 1/4" bolt on each end...is this the flap pushrod? The plans say that the hex is for the -9 and the round tubing is for the -7.

Maybe the piece of hex I have is for something else and I'm missing the tubing. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

The Hex rod might be your aileron tie rod. If you have another hex bar that you have already identified as the aileron tie rod, then I guess you have the RV9 flap pushrods. The 7 flap pushrods are heavy wall AL tube that is cut to length and threaded for the ball rod ends. I find them to be fine, but a lot of builders have used the RV9 hex rods.

Roberta

The only hex rod in my QB ...

was for the Stick Assembly - it is about 17". The -7 plans specify making the flap pushrods from AL tubing and tapping it for threads yourself. After I made mine, I decided to toss them and buy the Hex rods that are used on the -9.

The hex material wasn't available when we built. I wasn't comfortable with the aluminum tubing. Made mine out of 4130 tubing. Had plenty laying around.

Flap Push-Rods

The flap push-rods are made from AT6-058X5/16 aluminum tubing (that came as an 18" long piece in my fuse kit) and are cut to length and threaded per DWG 33. I had to do the same search, but finally found it.

Doh!

OK, mine was gone...or used up as spacers for control surfaces, etc. Either way, I didn't have any left. I got some from a friend who is going with the hex pushrods. I built them up and they seem very sturdy. I'm happy with it. Thanks to those that replied! :)

9 pushrod hex

so is the 9 stuff the
F-665 1/2 HEX X 17.125" $18.75

if not, what is the part number? (for those of us building 7's that
want to use the 9 stuff).

thanks,

john