tclaire

I am looking at a rv to finish up it has a 0320e2d engine rated at 160 h.p can I have some feed back on the engine also does this engine have 2 separate mag system, also is the fuel pump in the rear of the engine any info would help

Thanks T

T:

What you have there is a bullet-proof engine.

It indeed has two separate mags and the fuelpump is at the rear of the engine.

Regards,

good engine

The E2D is a great engine. It usually comes in the 150 HP flavor though but many of them have been converted to 160 HP.

Yes it has dual mags and yes the fuel pump is mounted on the accessory case. I'm not sure about converting it for constant speed prop though.

When Installing the conversion for the 160 h.p cylinders do you have to change any bearings in the engine
Thanks T

bearing change - yes

When I had my Cessna 172 E2D overhauled last time I upgraded to 160hp.
I was told besides using different pistons/cylenders, that a bigger bearing would be placed in the front of the engine. I think that this entailed modifying the case and the crank.

The engine that is going into my RV9A started out as an E2D, but has been modified to 160hp and also to except the CS prop. This engine of course is no longer certified, but I was told that the modification resulted in an engine that could not be told from a D1A.

Kent

Many O-320-E2D's are not equipped to accommodate an engine driven fuel pump while others are. The engine could be spec?d either way, so make sure you check that out before purchasing. The engine can't be used for constant speed with out major internal modification.
It is a common fixed pitch choice for the RV series as long as you can get one that is fuel pump capable.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts
are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided
responsibly and at you own risk."