Nouj

Dear All,

Just to let you know that I am off to try and break Alex Henshaws and Chalkie Stobbarts records on Tuesday. I shall get airborne quietly and with no fuss early on Tuesday morning from Southend, I plan to be in Cape Town on Wednesday before sunset and back in Southend on Friday afternoon at 1511 local. Round trip 10,500 nautical miles

I would ask that you visit www.capechallenge.com where you will be able to live track the flight and watch the blog and if you are able, I would ask that you make a small contribution to my chosen charity fly2help via the link on the site.

For those of you in Europe or indeed the USA! It would be great if some of you could fly in to Southend UK for my return, the more RV's the better. I know this is short notice but I hope that some of you can come.

Thanks

Steve

Good luck

Have a safe flight Steve,

What's your fuel system like... I'm curious!

Cheers,
..lance (fellow Brit in California....henshaw book reader )
Finishing RV7A

Ginge,

Bit busy at the moment will tell you all about it when I get back

Steve

Yeah, i bet you were. I'm watching you progress. ....bet you need a pee right now! (or you are picking the country you least like!)

Cheers,
..lance

On the home straight......

It is amazing, isn't it, that Steve has been from London to Capetown and is now nearly home again, in a plane he and his wife built themselves, in a garage at home. It is beautifully finished, with lots of interesting low drag little touches but nevertheless he started with the same sort of kit we all get. it just exemplifies how capable Van's aircraft are. I'm glad I chose one.

http://www.followsteve.co.za/

Chris

He's done it

Fellow RVers

Well Steve has done it, he beat the record each way and for the complete distance...

To put Steve's flight in perpective, I'm doing 1/3 of that distance seating in the front seat of a 777 on a regular basis and it feel like a long day so imagine the effort and the stamina required to do 3 times that..in an RV-7..wow..

Congratulation Steve, you really earned it..

Bruno Dionne
RV-4 C-GDBH
[email protected]

congratulations!
this is why i believe rv-7 is a great cruiser,
i begin to fear that europe is going to be too small when i finish mine;D

Way to go Steve!! Congratulations to you and your team. See you stateside soon so we can hear the gory details in person. Just fantastic!:D

Quote of the month!

Steve arrived at the LAA rally at Sywell aerodrome on Saturday afternoon to a hero's welcome. That evening he presented the prizes at the annual prize giving - and received the Bill Woodhams Trophy for navigation. Before giving away the silverware he made a short speech - the most noteable part for me was,

"Thank God for Garmin ... Everyone needs an RV-7!!"

Pete

Congratulations Steve!

I followed your progress with great admiration.

BTW - the last post reminded me that my first solo XC was from Coventry to Sywell - a long time ago. I think everyone's was if they trained with John Hill and company at Coventry.

Jim Sharkey
RV-6