tullow

Hello to all,
This is my first post. I've just finished rivetting the upper fwd. skin and then installed the canopy ( first time its been back on for quite a while as I was finishing the instrument panel and the electrics), you can imagine my suprise when I discovered that the curve of the aft edge of the fwd. skin doesn't match the curve of the of the fwd. edge of the canopy skin,particularly on the "corners"; The canopy skin is at least 1/16 or 3/32 proud of the fwd. fuselage skin. With hind sight I think I should have done this rivetting with the canopy in place and continuously checked the curve match.All of this matched up very well with everthing clecoed in place. Has anyone had this problem before and any ideas on an effective and aesthetic solution.
Many thanks
Mike Greene
RV7 QB

I have found this to be a common problem. I build up the forward skin with fiberglass and epoxy to cure the problem. After it is painted you can't see the difference.

I was expecting this problem because of forewarning. I think most that have this problem build up with body filler don't look back. I was disappointed to see how far off my canopy was from the front top skin.

Thanks for your answers,I've gone ahead and built up some fiberglass to make up the difference in the curve of the skins and as you said ,I'm sure it'll be fine when filled, sanded and painted. It's great to have all of that experience available through the forum.
Mike Greene