macrafic

Well Known Member
Can anybody clue me in as to what equipment/tools you used to make the subject wedge spacers and how you did it? Also, there is enough aluminum in the block I got to make 6 of these wedge spacers and I only need 2. On top of that, the finish kit contained 2 of these blocks! Can I count on that many mistakes before I get to 2 OK wedge spacers?

Sander

I used my disc/belt sander to slowly remove material from one side until I got close to the fit I wanted, then smoothed out any scratches that remained from the sanding process. I wore gloves as the material gets hot. I worked on one, then set it down to cool while I worked on the other.

Not sure if that is any help but that was my process.

I rough cut the wedge with the wood cutting bandsaw, then like above, used the belt/disc tabletop sander to get it to final shape. Water and gloves were required. That disc can almost do the work of a vertical mill at times :D

Ditto what Scott and Bill said. If you don't have a band saw, use a hacksaw and cut it a little large. A disc/belt sander works great although the part will get very hot because there is not a lot of material to absorb the heat.

Deep breath, hacksaw, done.

One of those evil revenge things put in the kit from Van I think........;)