Rob Kennedy

I'm New Here
Greetings RVaitors,

I know this is a huuuuge ask but I'm going to make it anyway :)

I'm looking to beg, borrow or rent an RV7 or RV10 - preferably the 10 offcourse.

I normally borrow a friends but he has gone and sold his hence this appeal.

Every alternate year I spend the week prior to OSHKOSH touring your great country and then fly into OSH for the AIRVENTURE WEEK.

I own a beautiful example of each type and would certainly treat the rental as if it were my own.

I have 1450 hours on many types with 750 hours on RVs.

I also hold an American License.

BTW I live in South Africa and would be happy to reciprocate if you would be interested in a flying tour of South Africa.

Best Regards,

Rob Kennedy

Mornin' sir

Rob, I have a -10. Kindly contact me at pierrejs65@ that yahoo.com

I'm an old Suid Afrikanse transplant from Kempton Park.

Totsiens,

Yep

Ha! I had a feeling that whole "airplane swap, RV touring Africa" thing might hook someone! :)

I'd love to re-visit my roots/birthplace some day.... in spite of the fact that it's spiraling downward from what I hear from a fellow crop-dusting South African friend.

Best,

Although my wife is British, she was brought up in SA and has residency. We have just completed building our home there and are just moving in. Once I get my aircraft flying (hopefully in a few weeks) and get some time on it in UK, I hope very much to fly it down (North Africa security situation allowing :eek:). Otherwise, I'll container it.

Plenty of RV-10s flying down there - believe mine will be the 6th in the local area. The east side near the Kruger Park (Nelspruit/White River/Hazyview) is truly beautiful and loads for tourists to do and see. For some reason, everyone seems to want to head to Cape Town - well, there is the wine I suppose :D

Bit of a schlep from the USA, though.....

On the legal side of "hiring", is it permissible as a "loan" paying just for fuel and oil and a reasonable contribution to maintenance?

Although my wife is British, she was brought up in SA and has residency. We have just completed building our home there and are just moving in. Once I get my aircraft flying (hopefully in a few weeks) and get some time on it in UK, I hope very much to fly it down (North Africa security situation allowing :eek:). Otherwise, I'll container it.

Plenty of RV-10s flying down there - believe mine will be the 6th in the local area. The east side near the Kruger Park (Nelspruit/White River/Hazyview) is truly beautiful and loads for tourists to do and see. For some reason, everyone seems to want to head to Cape Town - well, there is the wine I suppose :D

Bit of a schlep from the USA, though.....

On the legal side of "hiring", is it permissible as a "loan" paying just for fuel and oil and a reasonable contribution to maintenance?

The prohibition is on using the plane for "compensation or hire". I presume the FAA interpretation would be the same as passengers sharing expenses: fuel and oil, yes; maintenance, no.

I was in Hazyview a year ago, and yes, it was very pleasant.

Firstly a big THANK YOU to Pierre Smith for a positive response.

Also for the discussion regarding rental of an experimental.

To Paul and anyone else interested in visiting South Africa - I am available to assist with any local knowledge or help required.

Just shout and hopefully I can improve your experience just a little bit.

Regards,

Rob