Mick.B

I'm New Here
Just after some advise from any Aussies who have imported a Quickbuild kit into Australia. What was the shipping cost ? Did you have to pay import duty, GST etc. How long did it take. Any other useful info would be much appreciated. Im am looking at the complete kit in one order.

This may be of interest.

Quick-builds will add quite a lot to the shipping costs. Pity they can't send them straight from the Phillipines, it's not the shortest route via Oregon.

Mick,

I shipped by air to BNE a few moths ago. The whole process was painless, from Van's through to BAX, their shippers. Schenker now represent BAX in Australia. I ordered the emp, wings and fuselage in one go, in all 5 boxes, but slow build.

Payment is made directly to BAX and was exactly as quoted by Van's. The door to door fee was US$ 3,200.08. BAX liase with customs on your behalf, having sent you a couple of forms to process your kit. There is no import duty, but you will pay GST on the total value, including GST on the shipping costs above. The GST and all associated import fees were a further US$ 1,930.43.

My shipment took the best part of 3 weeks as the kit got split in SYD. Apart from a slightly crushed cardboard box, part of the emp, everything arrived safely.

I went with the air and door to door service as I could not guarantee to be home at the time of shipment arrival. The boxes are substantial and weigh considerably. It took a large truck, 4 guys and a lift at the back of the truck to get the kit to my garage, so my wife says.

Hope this helps,

Richard

Thanks Richard, thats exactly what I was after. Good luck with the build. Might see you in the sky above Queensland one day soon

Thanks Richard, thats exactly what I was after. Good luck with the build. Might see you in the sky above Queensland one day soon
That QB will likely to be at totally different era. My shipping so far has been to Finland (not Australia, but a far from Oregon anyway...):

Tail kit (air): ~$300
Wing kit (air): ~$1100

Van's quotes for QB fuse + finishing kit (about a month ago)

air: $10,209.47 :eek:
sea: $4207

Guess which I preferred... :eek: Prices does not include taxes, duties etc. but may contain insurance or such...

Edit: another addition when editing: last 100 miles of transportation for QB fuse + finishing kit will cost $1350 out of that $4207... so first 5000 miles are cheap.

Last edited:
Just after some advise from any Aussies who have imported a Quickbuild kit into Australia. What was the shipping cost ? Did you have to pay import duty, GST etc. How long did it take. Any other useful info would be much appreciated. Im am looking at the complete kit in one order.

Mick,

Give us a yell we pack in Portland, OR and can pick up from VANS and arange for packing and shipping in one of our containers. We ship regularly to Brisbane and Sydney.