RV7AV8R

Well Known Member
RV7s with a fixed pitch prop are usually tail heavy. This Saber Manufacturing 2 1/4 inch prop spacer replaces the light aluminum one with a bronze or brass (not sure) 24 lb spacer. With a Sensenich prop and an O-360 my CG moved about 1 inch forward with this spacer. The effect gives you about 60 lbs more luggage carrying ability. I paid about $400 for this spacer and used it for about 150 hours until I converted to a heavier CS prop. I'm asking $200 plus shipping.
John Adams 425 442 1714

I assume you are referencing a "wood" prop spacer? The Sensenich metal props use a special spacer and don't require any "extra" weight.

This spacer is for a Sensenich metal prop. It is just like the stock 2 1/4 aluminum one used on the RV7 but heavier. You don't need the heavier spacer if your CG is good, but most rv7s have an aft cg with the stock vans spacer and a metal sensenich prop.
John Adams

I doubt it, it is drilled for 6 bolt 1/2 inch. The center alignment hole and the alignmnet pins for the props are probably different also.
John Adams

RV7AV8R

I followed a car out of the Legends Mustang show in Columbus with that license plate. Was that you?

I have a RV7a that is light, but tail heavy also. Is this spacer a good solution to the CG problem, or are there other solutions I should consider? Are there drawbacks in terms of engine wear or anything else that one should consider when adding 24 lbs to the prop?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello from N666R RV6 with a wood Sensenich on an 0320. Haven't run into the CG problem but I don't carry much baggage either. I am looking for a heavier crush plate to help out in the CG area because the wood prop is very light in comparison to the aluminum prop. I like the wood prop and want to keep it but would like some more weight way up front.

I have a RV7a that is light, but tail heavy also. Is this spacer a good solution to the CG problem, or are there other solutions I should consider? Are there drawbacks in terms of engine wear or anything else that one should consider when adding 24 lbs to the prop?

Thanks

What prop are you running?

Hello from N666R RV6 with a wood Sensenich on an 0320. Haven't run into the CG problem but I don't carry much baggage either. I am looking for a heavier crush plate to help out in the CG area because the wood prop is very light in comparison to the aluminum prop. I like the wood prop and want to keep it but would like some more weight way up front.

Call Tim at Saber Mfg. in Granbury, Tx and he will fix you up.