txaviator

Well Known Member
RV-12 Gear Width... Close to RV-7?

Folks,
This is a multi-model question, so I figured I'd post it in the general section.
I just bought a hangar that has really nice alloy ramps mounted to the floor, which allows you to easily roll your plane into the hangar and over the 3" lip at the door entrance. The previous hangar owner had them mounted specifically to accomodate his Cessna P210.

While I have yet to get my -12 on the gear, I will be soon and will be moving it to my hangar. However in the interim, I have an RV-7 guest using the hangar. Darwin Barrie arrived into town today and his plane is sure making my empty hangar look good!:D I had to unbolt the alloy ramps from the concrete so we could line them up to get his -7 into the hangar and without messing up his wheelpants. I'd like to permanently mount them back to the ground to eventually accomodate my RV-12, but was wondering if the gear width was similar to the -7? If so, I will go ahead and remount the ramps permanently. I searched and found the width of a -12 gear is somewhere around 6'10", but didn't find anything specific on center to center of the main gear tires.

Does anyone have a measurement, center-to-center of the tires, of an RV-12 on the gear?

Many thanks.

Last edited: