Jamie

Well Known Member
Did anyone hear about an RV-7 accident at OSH today?* I'm here but didn't see it.* One of my house mates here said he saw it happen.* Just curious if anyone has any info.* Haven't seen a thread yet.

Did anyone hear about an RV-7 accident at OSH today?* I'm here but didn't see it.* One of my house mates here said he saw it happen.* Just curious if anyone has any info.* Haven't seen a thread yet.

Hey, Jamie, heard you escaped for cooler climes :)... Dunno about a 7, but a friend of mine and his copilot were killed today in his Legacy FG, early indications suggest stall/spin as it was on approach and ended up upside down. No other details, but darn it, shouldn't happen to such nice people!

Fly safe, and be conservative!...

Nope...I heard about the Lancair incident and it wasn't visible from the field.* Word was this one was one fatality* Who knows...could just be scuttlebutt but I was trying to confirm.

There was also a tri-pacer incident that happened today that is already on the FAA website...but the supposed RV-7 accident is nowhere...I'm calling scuttlebutt unless someone else has info.

I'm here on the line for the week. There was a Tri-Pacer flip, folks are OK. There was a Lancair crash yesterday am, unfortunately two perished. No RV accident as of this am.

Larry

The FG Legacy was mistaken for a RV-7/9A by a LOT of people and it was visible from the field, it was towed to Runway 27, then off. Runway 27 was opened for departures right before we left (we had to wait for it).

My condolences for the people that knew the folks in the Lancair, it's never easy.

Last edited by a moderator: