Jerry Cochran

Well Known Member
Yesterday, 03/21/2007, N18XP, RV-6a QB kit #60534 took to the air from Newberg, OR. This was quite the red letter day in other respects also, one that I think other builders are going to have a tough time matching... Not only did my -6a "baby" become an airplane, but another baby was born, our first great-grandchild. Sophie arrived just 3 hours before first flight, and weighed 8 lbs with dark hair and blue eyes.
We are so very blessed.

N18XP flew flawlessly, with her Superior IO360 and Hartzell 74" blended airfoil prop. The six years spent building were rewarding in every way, and I truly believe I learned something new each one of those days.
Thank you Van, for such a great design, and your outstanding crew at Van's, particularly Dale, Gus, and Rob, always very helpful, and Ken Scott who gave me that first "$30,000 Ride" where I was instantly hooked.

I'd also like to thank Bob Haan, Dan Benua, Len Kauffman, Frank Sneed and many others from EAA105 along the way for all the help, without which this journey would have been much tougher. Oh, and I better mention the folks online at the "RV-list", "Aeroelectric List" and "Vans AF", LOTS of help there...

Now to get those 40 hours flown off... Yah, someone's got to do it!!

Jerry Cochran
Sherwood, Oregon

Congratulations and Congratulations!!!!

Wow, cloud nine material for sure.

Best,
Doug

Congratulations on both events!

Welcome to the FLYING group.
You've now entered the scenario where you go the hangar & you can actually take your project, now airplane, out for a flight.
Very good feeling.

"Sophie 6"

Sound like a good name for the plane to me.

Any former Army people will know that 6 refers to the CO of a unit, and before long you will be spoiling her and she will be the boss.

All meant in a great way

Congrats

tim