It sure would be nice if the RV community had a great safety program that significantly reduced fatalities.

P52

That's a major bummer. I've flown in and out of Cottonwood MANY times in my Long-EZ. The runway is on quite a slope, watch density altitude.... and the winds coming off Mingus Mtn can give a pilot a real hand full.

Sad

I called a few friends with 6A's and everyone answered the phone. Very sad day. Hope we can find out what happened.

Coincidently

That is the airport that my friend Ken lost power from on his first flight of his Sonex. He survived the off airport landing and is rebuilding the airplane.

Bob Axsom

My condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Rajca and Mr. Haney.
Rest in peace...

Please don't speculate yet.

Ask any of the Lancair guys about this... VERY hard to create.

....since we don't know for sure. I only bring this up because we just had an airline pilot die during the flight and a good friend of mine died last month as he landed his Cessna Agwagon after a spray job.

He had an apparent heart attack and as he was finishing his landing rollout, the airplane turned hard left, through a ditch parallel to the dirt runway and flipped on its back. A nurse was there very shortly thereafter and he was dead.

Thanks,

My condolences to these families and their loved ones and friends. Fly often, fly safe, enjoy life all you can.