PIN 37

Well Known Member
Had to recently remove the wings from our company RV6. (long story)
Can anybody please tell me the Pt No of the wing to fuselage bolts?
Hope you can help.:)

NAS 1304-30 and NAS 1306-30
These are close tolerance bolts. You need 4 of the 1304 and 16 of the 1306.

Ken

Will do later if necessary

I built an RV-6A and the bolts are different. I have my drawings and will dig them out and tell you what I can if some RV-6 builder doesn't provide it long before I can get to it. There are several different bolts involved in the more than 60 individual locations if I remember the count right. Some are incredibly expensive close tolerance NAS bolts and some are common AN bolts. I think the close tolerance bolts are limited to the area involving the thick steel splice plates but I'm not sure. My builder's introductory plan set with the reduced size drawings is out at the hangar. I'm still cutting, splitting and stacking firewood which I am committed to finishing today. After that I will go to the hangar and get the book and get back to you if it is still necessary.

Bob Axsom

And 52...

NAS 1304-30 and NAS 1306-30
These are close tolerance bolts. You need 4 of the 1304 and 16 of the 1306.

Ken

...AN3 bolts.

Examine all of the close tolerance bolts carefully. In some cases the holes were re-worked at Vans and the spars shipped with 0.010 oversize bolts.

Some of the NAS1304-30 oversize bolts were even custom made by Vans and have a different head marking. My wing came with one of these "special" oversize bolts.

Check the diameter of each bolt after you remove them.

Oversize Bolts?

...AN3 bolts.

Examine all of the close tolerance bolts carefully. In some cases the holes were re-worked at Vans and the spars shipped with 0.010 oversize bolts.

Some of the NAS1304-30 oversize bolts were even custom made by Vans and have a different head marking. My wing came with one of these "special" oversize bolts.

Check the diameter of each bolt after you remove them.

Gill,

The standard for first oversize is +.015

Did Van's have some special ones produced?

If they did, I would suppose they would be very expensive!:(

My bad memory...

Gill,

The standard for first oversize is +.015

Did Van's have some special ones produced?

If they did, I would suppose they would be very expensive!:(

...they were the standard oversize - but yes, he did have some specially made at that 0.015 oversize due to cost issues. His special batch must have been cheaper than the real NAS ones...:)

They have a different head marking, I'll check mine tomorrow.