shimuneka

Really interested in an rv6 I found for sale by a local guy. Its gonna need a motor, but I was wondering what the actual takeoff and landing distances you guys are getting with either the 160hp and 180 hp engines.

Thanks

6A....160 hp Sensenich FP.
Heavy.... take off and landing can be done easily under 1000 ft. hard surface, no obstructions, SL.

Lite... can be done easily in under 700 ft. same conditions.

1004 lb. -6 with a carb'ed 180 hoss and an Ed Sterba wooden airscrew.

Solo and full fuel I can be off the ground in 400' or so??? Climb out at 1,650 fpm and cruise at 155 kts at 2500 rpm.

Does that help you?

:cool: CJ

Really interested in an rv6 I found for sale by a local guy. Its gonna need a motor, but I was wondering what the actual takeoff and landing distances you guys are getting with either the 160hp and 180 hp engines.

Thanks

What the other guys said. Mine has a FP prop and 160 hp and gets off the ground in under 500' unless it is fully loaded. Then it takes maybe 1,000'.

On a consistent basis, I land and turn off in 1500' with minimal braking. Landing distance is very dependent on pilot technique - 1,000' is consistently doable with practice and some brake use. 500' is doable at light weight if you're really proficient and with hard brake use.