Wow...looks exactly like my RV6 right now. I just ripped out my old VFR panel for the same reason and it looks an awful lot like yours right now! Keep us posted, I'm almost 100% sure you'll beat me done!

Cheers,
Stein

Rv-6 panel upgrade

Stein

I am guessing 4 weeks to finish! But you know how that goes. Maybe I will finish before Christmas.

Aaah the beauty of a tip-up.

Ive been considering that but mine's a slider.

Any way, now it appears sold.

Regards,

Tearing out my RV4 panel this weekend for an upgrade as well. Been getting all the stuff together for the last two months and the time has come to begin the fun.

That reminds me...I need to get an order into Stein for all the switches, CB's, wire, etc...etc...etc...that adds up to the cost of the EFIS. :D

Have fun with your new panel project, I know the feeling.

Well, I'm headed down the same road, the panel blank arrived a few weeks ago. I'm now waiting for all of the components to get here before going firm on the new layout and having it water jet cut. Then I'll have to bite the bullet and rip out the old panel. I'm hoping to do as much as I can before grounding the airplane, but its still going to take several weeks to finish off.

What software are people using to layout their new panels? Does anyone have an RV-6 panel outline as a Visio file?

Pete

Well, I'm headed down the same road, the panel blank arrived a few weeks ago. I'm now waiting for all of the components to get here before going firm on the new layout and having it water jet cut. Then I'll have to bite the bullet and rip out the old panel. I'm hoping to do as much as I can before grounding the airplane, but its still going to take several weeks to finish off.

What software are people using to layout their new panels? Does anyone have an RV-6 panel outline as a Visio file?

Pete

I have been using AutoCad for my RV-6 panel upgrade (about to start). I will plot full scale to paper, and test in plane before committing to water jet. The panel will have a frame, switch sub-panel, center 'stack' and symetrical side panels.

bc

Must be the time to redo panels. I recently finished up ripping mine out and installing what, for me, is an easy to fly VFR panel.

After ripping out the first one:
During.JPG

After installing the new carbon fiber panel:
After.JPG

The empty hole will initially be a glove box but will eventually get a GRT EFIS. When the EFIS upgrade happens next year the four pack will come out and a GRT will go there also. The upgrade budget couldn't afford the 696 and the EFIS'.

I just recently redid my RV-4 panel after flying it for 8 years.

Very simple panel - VFR only.

Took out the old Garmin GPS Pilot III and moved to the back seat to give the passenger something to look at.

Put in AV80R ACE - great bang for the buck and I am very pleased with the capability.

Kept the RMI uMonitor, still working great

Kept Dynon D10, left space to upgrade to their D100 or other later.

Kept RMI uencoder - duplicates the information from the D10, but I like some of the functionality better than the Dynon.

Kept an old school ASI - I just haven't completely retrained myself to go all digital yet!

Put a mount for Iphone - I find Skycharts a superb application for sectional
charts and it keeps getting better with each release.

Here is the before layout:
0qbeforeyj

Here is the during:

emduringj

And here is the final product:

b9afteruj

N144SH

Told ya you'd beat me! I don't think I'll have mine done by Xmas... :rolleyes:

Nice job on the new panel, it looks really nice.

Cheers,
Stein