Jgibson

In process of purchasing an unfinished RV6 kit and previous RV6A owner.
I remember reading posts concerning reinforcement of the tailwheel motor mount and because this is an older kit, am assuming it is as supplied from Van's.
Tried 'searching' but came up with nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I figured that because I have to remove the engine anyway, I may as well do any reinforcements possible to avoid problems down the road.
Thanks in advance for the help. Most informative and best website anywhere, bar none.

I just did this.

I found cracks in my mount and reinforced the mount. If you call vans tech support they will give you the part numbers and you can order the parts from them. They were only a few dollars each, two, that mount under the gear leg sockets. I had a welder friend of mine TIG them on and repainted.

Similar to the previous post, about a year ago I also found cracks at the base of my RV-6 engine mounts (the airplane had about 1100 hrs on it). I got the gusset kit from Vans, removed the engine mount, and got an aviation welder to install them.

Much Appreciated Info

Thanks for the info on the gussets that will head off possible problems in the future.
Will be contacting Van's after pulling engine.
Much obliged.