Greg Arehart

Well Known Member
Just heard on the news that Clayton Beck (RV-6, N27WR) is missing from the Truckee airport. He apparently took off around noon and was due back before 2 but has yet to return. Currently a search is underway.

Just thought the community would like to know.

greg

Having lived this with a family member I wouldn't wish it on anybody. I sincerely hope this turns out well and that he is found in good health.

Everybody ought to have a Spot, APRS and/or EPIRB. I hope for the best as well, that's rough country to have to put an airplane down in...when I used to fly from NV to the CA central valley, I always flew right over KRNO to the Hangtown VOR and turned south toward the valley...beautiful but rugged.

Ugggh!

This is just awful!

I have to agree with Bob, If I intend to fly out of the Willamette valley (soft flat and green) I take my PLB.

I might see if there if there is a way to permanently mount it in the airplane in a quickly accessible location.

I sincerly hope he is found alive and well.

Frank

If anyone on the list is connected to the search effort and they need more aircraft - I have an RV-9 based out of HAF - I'm less than an hour away and willing to pitch in - 415 203 9177.

I am in with my plane if needed

I do not want to hinder the search, but if help is needed I am just over the mountain at Jackson-Westover (O70).
My RV is full of fuel and I can be airborne in 30 minutes. 209-481-5528

Yes, truly unfortunate.

Several years ago, we lost 2 RV's in a 6 month stretch. One crash took my best friend and a close acquaintance. The second took a popular couple. In both cases all were recent retirees. Family and friends were devastated

And the sad commentary...both occurred with experienced pilots and were totally, easily preventable, one a stall spin after engine failure and the other continued flight into IMC conditions.

We still have wives who will not ride in small airplanes.

Let's be careful out there.