sneedrv-6

Well Known Member
I am working on my IFR rating and would like to upgrade my RV-6 panel for light IFR flight. Here is what I am looking for:
1. Do not plan on shooting approaches to minimums in the RV.
2. Would like to be able to fly IFR en route.
3. Would be completely satisfied only shooting GPS (WASS even better) Approaches.
4. Wingtip are not removable due to paint job, So I hope to not add any antennas to the outside of the plane. GPS antenna can go on glare shield.
5. Seems GRT is making nice stuff but I have yet to figure out what I would need with the GRT box to shoot gps approaches.
6. Would like to do this at a reasonable cost and would like to modify existing panel VS doing a new one if possible.
7. would rather buy a non-certified box vs a garmin type (certified) box.
8. Would like to keep what I already have in the panel.

I know everyone has their opinion but I would love to have some direction on what type avionics I need to purchase as well as some opinions as far as what people are satisfied with, or not satisfied with.

Thanks a lot for the help.. I will attach a pic of my panel. I also have a 496 with weather that goes in the mount below altimeter. 1 axis trutrak AP is under my AI and the 496 drives it. I have some room under my transponder. I can get rid of the AI and move the trutrak so that entire space could be used for avionics.

Thanks a bunch,

Jason

PIC
http://www.flickr.com/photos/15606090@N07/2591235449/