RV6AussieNick

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

I'm pulling my hair out trying to find some info on elevator deflection, i've searched the VAF and found a couple of mentions on 23-25 deg angles of defection, i've just spent the past few hours poring over my drawings and manuals trying to find anything that i can use.

I haven't fitted the Hori stab to the aircraft yet, doing a bench rig just on the defection before i drill the elevator horn holes.

Can some one point me to a drawing or rigging instructions.

Cheers,

Page 15-1 of the manual has a chart that reads as follows: Elevator, maximum up/down = 30/25; minimum up/down = 25/20. (Degrees)

So there is some leeway and as I recall there is no reason to vary from these numbers.

Hope this helps. :)

UP....25-30?, DOWN....20-25?

If you plan aerobatics, I recommend that you strive for the max limits. i.e. 30? up and 25? down.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up guys, i looked in the flight testing section and didnt see it, i have a 20yr old manual so i guess its not in there are a few other things i have found.

Cheers,

Control Limits

Thanks for the heads up guys, i looked in the flight testing section and didnt see it, i have a 20yr old manual so i guess its not in there are a few other things i have found.

Cheers,

It's in my over 20 year old, still typewritten, manual on page 15-3.

If you don't have the elevator numbers, then you probably don't have the rest -

Elevator
Down 20-25 Up 25-30

Aileron
Down 15-17 Up 25-32

Rudder
Left and Right 30-35

Flaps
40 down - Design Limit - no minimum number given.

Great help

Thanks for the other info Gil,

So far i have found a few pages missing from my manual, mainly Fig pictures and a bit of text.

Cheers,