don reid

Could someone please help me. I am a novice when it comes to building and I need a book that tells me step by step how to wire the RV6 electrical system. I am working with an odessey battery and a linear regulator from B&C electric. I read the Aeroelectric connection from cover to cover, and it was very thorough, however it never got into the nuts and bolts of where to start and how to do the most basic fabrications of the electrical buildup on the RV6. If there is a book out there that will guide someone of very limited experience on building the RV6 electrical system I would apprciate it very much. Don Reid EAA1057410 I am located in Port St. Lucie Fl. at FL37.

Hi Don-
Not a full answer to your question, but Van's sells full-size drawings for recommended wiring. They are bundled with the wire harness kit they sell, but you can order the drawings separately. I found them very useful in conjunction with Aeroelectric Connection but much easier to understand. Just call Van's and they'll know which drawings to send you. If you have any trouble, send me a pmail and I'll look at the drawing numbers when I get home. Tony Bingellis's books usually have a good chapter or two on practical wiring tips--many of these same chapters can be found in article form on the EAA website under the Homebuilder's Corner section.
Hope this helps.

Don, the VP-X installation manual walks you through step by step. There is some generic information in there too. We also have some other guides on our web site that might be helpful, such as the Top 10 Wiring Mistakes and a guide on contactors.

Go to the documents section of our web site here: http://www.verticalpower.com/documents.html

Hope that helps.