RV4ME

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone to provide me some RV-4 transition training. I am located at KBVI . If you are interested or know someone I can contact, please let me know. I am located at Beaver County, PA (KBVI) near Pittsburgh. Please send me an email.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony,
At Morris Muni C09 there is a flight instructor with a 4 with an O 320 that he instructs in. If you call the FBO there, they will give you his contact info.

For scheduling reasons, I did not schedule with this instructor, instead I went
out to DeMoine, Iowa and flew on two different days in his RV6 with Jim Delveau.
He is a flight instructor did a great job. I highly recommend him. Jim's number is 515 306 1424.

Also check you PMs.

I flew with John Musgrave that Mark is talking about in Illinois. Flew 5/hrs dual as was required for insurance, the amount paid I believe was quite reasonable. Simple -4 but got the job done. I enjoyed John and his style; I already had my TW but only ~20/hrs from some 5 or more years ago.

Thanks guys!

Spoke to John today and on my way to transition. Excited about owning and flying the -4!!

Tony

Just did this myself

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone to provide me some RV-4 transition training. I am located at KBVI . If you are interested or know someone I can contact, please let me know. I am located at Beaver County, PA (KBVI) near Pittsburgh. Please send me an email.

Thanks,

Tony

My suggestion is Dave Austin. He is awesome, and highly qualified.
I'm a better pilot, not merely signed-off" because of him.
He is ATP, CFI, CFII, 2,000+ hrs in type, 3,500 hrs tail wheel.
He can also perform a pre-buy inspection if you need that too.
He is located in Denton, Tx, KDTO.
It is worth it to go see him.

Please let me know if you need his contact info.

Daddyman
N262 DF

Tail wheel and transition training

Gentlemen,
I scheduled time to get my tail wheel endorsement with John Musgrave out at Morris Muni (C09) in IL John started me in a citabria and after a few hours we moved to his RV-4. I had a blast flying with him. Very easy to fly with. I flew my Rv-8 for the first time May 18, 2014. Greased the landing and have since 30 + hours now. Would recommend him to anyone. They have about a dozen or so RV's at that airport. Great group of RV'rs at his airport. They host a tail dragger Tuesday every week. Lots of Fun.