Edave

I'm New Here
Ok, maybe a stupid question but does anyone know if there is a differance between the -6 and the -4 wing kits? Vans website states that he kept the same wing but does one fit the other? A friend has a -6 wing with the Phlogiston spar that sits unassembled and a -6 empennage completed. I can aquire them veeeeerrrrrryyyyy reasonably but wanted to build a -4. Any input would be appreciated.

Fuselage width

The basic design and concept are like, but the fuselage is much wider and the fuselage bulkhead is drilled to match the spars, quick build of not. SO the chance of a easy swap is Zero. George

Also the ailerons are a different length. I believe the flaps are the same, but the additional fuselage width meant the ailerons were shorter. Also the narrower spaced ribs for the walkway are in a different place, the fuel tanks are a different size. The two emps are different - the tailplane is different on the two designs, nothing major, the details of the fuselage attach are different, the elevator tips are different and the top of the fin & rudder are different. I think you would be much better off starting with a -4 kit. As the back end and wing are now pre-punched it's much easier than it used to be.

Pete

Thanks for all the useful info. I guess when I'm ready I'll start fresh and be back here with a ton of questions.